Financial Exploitation of the Elderly (Session Code: 616)
Elder abuse training – regarding financial exploitation of the elderly -- is now required for employees and officers with direct customer contact. Examiners will be collecting information about your credit union’s training on this subject, as DFPR is required to report training data on a bi-annual basis.
This QuickBite will meet the training requirements and will cover:
· Illinois statutory protections
·Recognizing the indicators of financial exploitation
· Some of the common perpetrators of financial exploitation
· Financial record confidentiality and exceptions
· Where to report, when a confidentiality exception applies
· Suspicious Activity Reports / narratives / confidentiality
· Training and record-keeping requirements for current employees and new hires
All credit unions face situations where only they have an opportunity to witness suspected exploitation. Participate in this QuickBite to learn the common indicators and the actions you can take.
Affiliate: $ 100.00
Out of State Pricing:
Regular: $ 150.00
Contact: Cheryl Washington (Illinois Credit Union League)
audio archives - August 31, 2012: