Understanding Endorsements (Session Code: 619)
Having an understanding of endorsements is crucial to making sound check cashing decisions. A check is a unique type of contract where ownership can be transferred by way of the endorsement on the back of the item.
This Informative Session Will Cover:
• Who is the person entitled to endorse the check?
• What is a valid endorsement?
• Bearer versus Order Checks
• Who is the holder of a check and what is the holder in due course?
• Ambiguous endorsements
• Endorsements for minors
• Endorsements for deceased parties
• Witnessed endorsements
• Endorsements for business accounts
• Endorsements on income tax checks
• Trustee and Power of Attorney endorsements
Affiliate: $ 100.00
Out of State Pricing:
Regular: $ 150.00
Contact: Greg Framarin (Illinois Credit Union League)
Telephone - QB - August 08, 2013: 10:00 am CT
Duration: 11:00 am CT