Fair Lending (Session Code: 404)
Fair lending is a hot topic right now – from the mortgage “meltdown” to how you deal with your nonperforming loans, there is much to consider. When was the last time you looked at your own fair lending program? Have you accounted for the new risks examiners are looking for? This program will help you to understand the extent of Regulation B, the Fair Housing Act (FHA), as well as guidance and direction the regulatory agencies look to be going in the future.
Covered topics include:
• Prohibited bases under the rules – what they really mean
• Evaluating applications and underwriting – what you can and cannot consider, plus proving it
• Fair lending litigation trends and lessons – redlining, credit availability, and more
• Steering rules: “putting the right person into the right loan” – how can we demonstrate this?
• Maintaining an effective and comprehensive fair lending program
• Consequences for violating the rules - not just fines
Affiliate: $ 100.00
Out of State Pricing:
Regular: $ 150.00
Contact: Cheryl Washington (Illinois Credit Union League)
Telephone - January 09, 2014: 10:00 am CT
Duration: 11:00 am CT