Transitioning to Supervisor (Session Code: 473)
Acknowledge Your New Role – Embrace the challenge of moving from team member to supervisor. Learn the value of boundaries. Doing so will help you find balance between your need for approval and the larger need for meeting team and company goals.
• Plan and Prioritize – Realize that your primary job is to make sure that everything that needs to get done, gets done. Planning and prioritizing departmental tasks and assigning the right tasks to the right people are key factors to everyone’s success.
• Be Accessible – Take the time to walk around your department so you can see and hear what is going on. It’s a great way to find and take advantage of “coachable moments”. Establish routine coaching appointments with your staff to create consistent, timely accessibility.
• Encourage and Instill Teamwork – Foster input from team members and demonstrate how the success of one benefits the entire team and positively impacts the entire organization.
Communicate Upward and Downward – Let your team in on the reasons behind decisions, then listen and share their input and concerns. This will ensure a happier, more productive workplace for all.
• Common Pitfalls – losing your cool, avoiding sticky stuff, procrastination, you’re not clear on what is expected of you, people take advantage of you and the list goes on. Learn what to stop, what to start and what to stay committed to!
• Delegate – Delegating not only helps you manage your workload, it helps team members develop important skills and become more self-supervising. Provide encouragement and follow-up, so team members know they have the support and resources they need.
• More on Effective Coaching – Performance planning and reinforcement are musts. The difficult conversations; what to say, how to say it. Mastering the art of great questions.
• Discipline Effectively – Set clear expectations. When it comes to performance concerns, be specific with team members. Let them see how their actions impact the team and the organization.
Affiliate: $ 169.00
Out of State Pricing:
Regular: $ 175.00
Contact: Cheryl Washington (Illinois Credit Union League)
Telephone - May 15, 2014: 10:00 am CT
Duration: 12:00 pm CT