Prevention of Financial Exploitation of the Elderly (Session Code: 677)
Financial Exploitation of the Elderly training is now required in some states for employees and officers with direct member contact.
This QuickBite will meet the training requirements and will cover:
• Illinois statutory protections
• Recognizing the indicators of financial exploitation
• Some of the common perpetrators of financial exploitation
• Financial record confidentiality and exceptions
• Where to report, when a confidentiality exception applies
• Suspicious Activity Reports / narratives / confidentiality
• Training and record-keeping requirements for current employees and new hires
Out of State Pricing:
Contact: Cheryl Washington (Illinois Credit Union League)
Speaker: Ashley Niebur
Ashley Niebur holds an undergraduate degree in Political Science, and is a graduate of Southern Illinois University School of Law, where she was active in a specialized program focused on State and Local Government Law.
Ashley has previously worked in the areas of pharmaceutical and asbestos litigation, and later joined the Illinois Municipal League to in order pursue her lobbying passion, taking on an active role in government advocacy measures, as well as advising municipal attorneys throughout the state. In 2013, Ashley joined the Illinois Credit Union league as Manager of State Governmental Affairs, advocating on behalf of over 300 credit unions providing financial services in Illinois. In 2014, Ashley took on the additional role of Legislative Counsel. Ashley continues to proudly represent the credit union industry in front of the Illinois General Assembly as well as providing legal analysis of legislative issues affecting credit unions.
Audio Archive - December 31, 2014:
Online registration for this event has