Changing Demographics & How this Affects Your CU (Session Code: 416)
The 2010 Census numbers are in and the findings are startling and profound. One in three Americans is not White. Four states have “minority majority” populations. Young people increasingly are opting not to get married. Asians have the highest household income of any race or ethnicity. Rural communities are losing population fast.
Now, more than ever, it’s imperative that you understand the changing demographics of the communities and groups you serve. How can you best serve a local community or organization if you don’t know what your community looks like today and may look like tomorrow?
The changes in demographics take many forms: racial, ethnic, gender, generational, sexual preference, linguistic, even lifestage and level of affluence, to name a few. Diversity of thought helps companies stay leading edge and proactive as well. And learning about differences in values among different groups is the key to maximizing relationships, marketing efforts and business opportunities.
This presentation will focus on why changing demographics and diversity are business opportunities and how these changes affect your business today and tomorrow. You’ll learn:
· The four biggest findings from the 2010 Census and what they mean for your business right now
· Key market segmentations and the values associated with each to better understand customers and coworkers
· The differences between generational segments and how the varying wants and needs of generations impacts the service you provide
· Common obstacles will be reviewed in order to avoid communication or service mistakes, both internally and externally
· Specific strategies for developing effective diversity initiatives will be reviewed. Do’s and don’ts will be covered
Affiliate: $ 50.00
Out of State Pricing:
Early: $ 75.00 (before 0000-00-00 ) Regular: $ 0.00
Contact: Greg Framarin (Illinois Credit Union League)
Telephone - QB - January 31, 2012: 10:00 am Central Tim
Duration: 11:00 am Central Tim